Monday, September 11, 2006

Marathon Training Diary

I am into week 3 of marathon training. My friend April said I should journal the whole five month experience. Especially since about two weeks ago I started dealing with some bouts of depression. Depression like I have never experienced in my life. Uncontrollable crying, feelings of hopelessness, no interest in socializing or getting out of the house. Things got worse this past week but I made myself do my runs anyway.

Training has started very easy with thirty minute runs about four times a week. After my run on Saturday and today I can really tell my body is adjusting and getting in better shape. It's a great feeling to have great productive enjoyable runs. I am sure that my great run this morning contributed to a very good day - I felt somewhat like normal me today. My head was clear and I actually laughed. It felt good but as I write this it makes my cry. It's crazy. I feel like I have really lost it at times. I called the doctor today and made an appointment. My husband informed me tonight that a lot of people miss the Peg they used to know. It amazes me how you can lose yourself in two weeks but I'm sure that it is much more complicating than that. I really don't understand it all.

So, I will hope to keep a journal here of my marathon training experience and all the other life challenges that will try to get in the way.

1 Comments:

Blogger jettybetty said...

You go girl! What a great goal!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory-->